Monday, October 7, 2024

 

Monday, October 7, 2024

     I tell my friend the task of us old people during a heat wave is to stay alive. Success is not ending up in the hospital. She tells me it is ok to binge watch tv in the daytime while in a recliner with a wet rag and a fan. I watch more of the ten episodes of NIGHT AGENT.

     I finish reading MAKING SENSE OF CANCER, and yes, I have a better understanding of how the body works. Now back to the book on rocks.

     In the late afternoon I move outside to the shady deck. Puffs of air touch my body. Everything I do focuses on evading the heat. A high flying airplane reflects sunlight into my eyes. And then moves on.

    The sea lions bark throughout the warm night.  I am restless and wake up frequently.  Even the bed sheet is too warm for me.  The chirping and singing of birds start up in the slightly cooler morning.  

No comments: