Thursday, October 3, 2024

 

Thursday, October 3, 2024

     I do have an air conditioner in one room in my house just for heat waves like this.  The problem is leaving the cold room becomes unbearable. Wednesday, I use the fan and a wet cloth for the 90 degree weather. This works well.

     The visiting professor brings a small box of chocolate see’s candy. She personally chooses the selection.  This afternoon in a fit of excitement I finish eating the last 5 pieces, and throw the box away. Usually, the candy lasts longer but not today.

     The oak trees are covered with clusters of browning acorns waiting to drop. More then I have ever seen.

     I am getting tired of watching the weekly episodes of BAD MONKEY.  I spend most of the day, near the fan, reading THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, another great novel by John Green. I also slowly read another chapter of MAKING SENSE OF CANCER by Jarle Breivik.

No comments: