Wednesday, October 2, 2024

 

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

     Mid afternoon, I sit in my living room recliner, the fan on high, blowing right at me and a wet wash rag on my head.  Yes a hot day.  I send a message to the weather man asking when is the fog returning? I might as well be writing to a deity. I forget how much I complain about the fog during the summer.

     I comfort myself with the mantra, fog comes back on the third day. But maybe this is climate change and fog is becoming unpredictable.

     The professor leaves after a three day stay.  The personal librarian arrives with an armful of library books. We have lunch together and catch up on the news of our lives. I tell her about the books I am reading and my discoveries about cancer research.

     The worst part of the vice president debate is boredom. The candidates had no liveliness and charm.  The best part is texting with my siblings, The four of us in different parts of the country, together on our tiny screens. We are deeply disappointed with the debate. We certainly are the not intended audience.

No comments: