Tuesday, October 1, 2024

 

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

     I like the youth books I have been reading focusing on the issues of teenagers. Some of the same issues I am having, how to live my old age life.  I am asking friends for book recommendations of stories centered on people over the age of 70. Not long lists but books actually read and enjoyed and maybe written by old people.

     Well, we finish the MAGPIE MURDERS and started MAYFLOWER MURDERS on Masterpiece Theater. I have to be alert to follow the intricate investigation of two murders at different times.  Well worth it. Tonight, the next debate of the vice president candidates.

     The afternoon was hot but not unbearable.  I will see how today goes.  All the doors are open this morning before the heat arrives.

     I am reading MAKING SENSE OF CANCER, from its evolutionary origin to its societal impact and the ultimate solution by Jarle Breivik, MD, PhD, EdD, from Norway. I can feel my fears retreating as I read this well thought out book. So comforting to read.

No comments: