Thursday, October 10, 2024

 

Thursday, October 10, 2024

     When My children were very young and I was a working single mother, the kids didn’t realize how poor we were. I would cut out drawings of trucks and toys for them to play with. I placed an ad in the newspaper for used toys. My biggest triumph was buying a teenager’s large collection of Barbie and friends dolls for $20.  Over 18 different dolls, dozens of clothes, some hand made, and lots of equipment. We loved these for years.

     This month when I talk to the doctors I am going to ask, What should I be asking you now? What do you know that I don’t? I am writing up my notes for the visits.

     My favorite U.C. Berkeley class in 1959 was PHYSICS APPRECIATION FOR NON MAJORS taught by Edward Teller.  Reading Marcia Bjornerud’s book TURNING TO STONE, the story of earth sciences. Such an exciting introduction to study the earth. I am back in college classes.

     Three construction vehicles are now parked in my driveway.  I am amazed at how upsetting this is for me. I feel helpless and vulnerable as I look out the front window. I will tape notes to their cars reminding them this is my driveway.  Sigh

No comments: