Friday, October 11, 2024

 

Friday, October 11, 2024

     My neighbor has agreed to keep his workers from parking in my driveway.  Thanks to the power of emails and text messages. I forget that I don’t have to shout at folks face to face.  There are other ways to solve this problem.

     I am reading THE DEMON OF UNREST by Erik Larson. The tall man recommended this book about the civil war. The first chapter was confusing but now I am into it. There are several other books I am reading slowly.

     I am now receiving Meals on Wheels three times a week. Kind volunteers deliver the day’s supply of meals in the morning. I wonder if I am sick enough to deserve this service.  I am grateful.

     I did drive my car to the bank in the morning to get cash.  I still live in a cash economy. The car started after not moving for a month. The squirrels are busy in the oak tree collecting the acorns. The nasturtiums are blooming on the deck.

No comments: