Sunday, September 8, 2024

 

Sunday, September 8, 2024

     A busy day with visitors.  The nurse comes by to check on the patient, the photo guy brings us salads and cookies from Elroys, my charming gardening friend works in my garden, the tall man brings us tasty salmon and corn on the cob. The day heats up.

    The patient is getting stronger but still feeling various pains in her body. She is in her third week after lung surgery. Soon she will return to just being my charming daughter.  Being a caregiver is hard in a different way than being a patient.

     A restlessness is growing in me, time to get out into the world.  Really? This Thursday is the surveillance test to see if the chemo treatment is working. And there is no way to predict or control the results. The outcome will affect what I can do next. I have been through these tests a bunch of times, sometimes cancer is there and sometimes not. I dream of just walking away from all treatments.

     I continue to read Elizabeth Strout ‘s marvelous new book set in Maine, TELL ME EVERYTHING. And I am also reading DON’T CRY, TAI LAKE, by Qiu Xiaolong, a detective story based in China. I move back and forth between Maine and China. My way of bringing some excitement into my life.

No comments: