Saturday, September 7, 2024

 

Saturday, September 7, 2024

     Wake up to thick fog this morning.  Put on warm clothes and head for the kitchen for coffee and cereal.  The sun appears before the oatmeal is cooked.

     I have started reading the new Elizabeth Strout novel, TELL ME EVERYTHING. I love her books. A break from bleak detective novels. I am now reading my New Yorker magazines every week again. The writing stimulates my curiosity of the world around me. I am glad to still be alive.

     The endless cycle of chores today, fold laundry, take out garbage and trash, water plants on the deck, clear off dinning room table. I am sure there is something I have forgotten.

     I wake up this morning wondering what it will be like to be dying.  Not so scary after all and of course I am healthy right now so it is an exercise of imagination. But of course, this can change at anytime.

No comments: