Thursday, September 5, 2024

 

Thursday, September 5, 2024

     I have another vivid night dream of being afraid and threatened.  I scream, and wake up startled. Did I really scream or did I dream of screaming?  My bedroom windows are open.  I lay silently.  Did someone hear me.  No response, no sirens, I can go back to sleep.

     The patient and I go to a meeting with the surgeon. Surgery was two weeks ago. The surgeon spends a short time with us, looking at the healing wound.  Yep you are doing well, no need to see me again.  Keep in touch with your oncologist and your PCP. The surgeon is quick to return to her surgery room. I had hoped for more what? I am disappointed. Maybe a review of the surgery and treatment, to help us have a realistic understanding of the illness and surgery.

     Meals on wheels is helpful during these weeks of recovery.  Hot fresh food arrives in the morning delivered by a friendly volunteer.

     Wednesday night is another episode of BAD MONKEY on Apple plus. The series is entertaining and unpredictable. I am continuing to read CHILD 44, even though I am now having nightmares. It is a relentless book of a ruthless society. It is well written. Sigh.

No comments: