Wednesday, September 4, 2024

 

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

     Sitting outside in the shade I watch the two old, old neighbors walk up and down my street four times, walking at a deliberate pace with their canes. They are in their 90’s. I walk up the street one time.  Maybe I could aim for a longer walk with my cane. I walk slowly checking out the neighborhood yards and flowers.

     Busy day with visitors.  The nurse assures the patient that she is doing well. My friend reminds me that I am still alive and curious. The patient’s friends bring her lunch. The former teenager is in and out of the house. Today should be quieter.

     I continue to read the award winning, highly praised book, CHILD 44, a truly gruesome book.  The tall man says I don’t have to finish it. I am determined to keep going, to understand this horrifying world of Russia during the twentieth century. Sometimes I just escape into this fantasy world of peace and harmony.

     After dinner and the Newshour, we watch another episode of season two, DARK WINDS. Another dark story in the native American world. Maybe I am getting ready for Fall and Winter.

No comments: