Saturday, September 28, 2024

 

Saturday, September 28, 2024

     A friend arrives in the late afternoon to visit and watch TV.  Maybe a movie or a series. I fail at finding a good show to watch. I keep a list going of possible shows but that doesn’t help.  Next week we will try again.

     I finish reading LOOKING FOR ALASKA but I am not done with it.  The story sticks in my mind. How do we actually know friends and ourselves. The story centers on an unexplained death of a friend. I am moving on from exploring the medical world to studying friendships and death.

     Each day I tell myself it is time to take my car out for a ride.  It has been weeks.  I treat my car as I would if I had a pet. My car needs loving care and a bath and fuel.

     My favorite TV show now is THE NEWSHOUR on PBS. Today is a new foggy cool day and I am open to new experiences.

No comments: