Friday, September 27, 2024

 

Friday, September 27, 2024

     Unstable weather pattern, September fluctuations.  Cold today, and now heat wave predicted and then cold again. I wear my warm flannel shirt and sweats, the uniform of my present life.

     In the evening, I watch an episode of two different shows, JOE PICKETT on Prime and SLOW HORSES on Apple plus. SLOW HORSES is wonderful and yet I frequently don’t know what is going on.  Will watch it again. Two more episodes to go. Now ,it is harder to binge with weekly installments of the best shows.

     The neighbors are laughing outside.  Maybe the construction is coming to an end after 20 months of work trucks and intense activity.

     A day of reading, a day of no visitors. Started with THE ART OF DYING WELL, a practical guide to a good end of life, by Katy Butler. Well written and captivating to me.  The second book is LOOKING FOR ALASKA, a youth novel by John Green. I carry the books around as I move outside on the deck in the afternoon and then back inside. I am not dying yet but I want to understand how this is all going to play out.

No comments: