Thursday, September 26, 2024

 

 Thursday, September 26, 2024  

     It is so hard to talk about money issues, probably our strongest cultural taboos. My first name has been misspelled by the pharmacy, and now my last name by the state franchise board. I try to correct them but they are embedded in various computers and machines, and are unfixable. I have become a trinity. Maybe I have more names. When I die I will need a large tomb stone to list my many names.

     I wake up early in the dark, worrying about various financial issues. The cost of medical, auto and house insurances have increased. Significantly.  Actually, everything is more expensive, and my retirement income has not kept up. It is scary to be old at this time.

     I do watch the Newshour in the evening. I feel obliged to watch the wars going on in Europe and the Middle East.  None of it makes sense. I feel a responsibility to witness the craziness of our lives.

     And now the daylight is here.  I drink my morning coffee and eat my cereal.  I am sitting in my bedroom writing this report. Of course, wearing my orange puffer jacket. Yes, Life is good in this moment. But I am not sure about tomorrow.

No comments: