Monday, September 23, 2024

 

Monday, September 23, 2024

     The weather report, hot inland, foggy on the coast. Yep this is so familiar.

     At noon on Sunday my daughter visits and we eat lunch and watch the last episode of A VERY ROYAL SCANDAL on Netflix.  In the late afternoon my personal librarian comes and we watch the movie CODA on Apple plus. Coda is a fabulous feel good movie. And a friend brought me a loaf of homemade Rye bread. I can never complain again about the lack of friends.

     I am reading TURNING TO STONE, discovering the subtle wisdom of rocks, by Marcia Bjornerud. A combination of memoir and geosciences, my favorite format. I read the book review in the New Yorker recently.

     I am still searching for a good way to understand illness and old age.  I found three new medical books and have ordered them on Amazon. I hope they live up to their reviews. Maybe someday I can just accept my life as it is.

No comments: