Sunday, September 22, 2024

 

Sunday, September 22, 2024

      My cancer infusion center has created a new improved patient portal. I am startled by the written reports.  Yes, I have a right to see these reports and have been asking for them. I now understand why I have such a hard time in recovery and treatments. And it is tough to read the medical language describing me as a cancer patient. I don’t recognize myself and I don’t want to be that person.

      This morning I am ready to try something different, anything.  Well, what about those bananas on the counter. Meals on Wheels brings me a banana, an apple, and an orange daily.  They are piling up. I don’t like bananas I tell myself.  Since when? So, this morning I put sliced bananas in my cereal. Nope, I still don’t like bananas.

     Two old friends bring a pizza lunch to share with me. I partially clear the dinning room table and we eat and talk. Pizza and friends are the best.

      In the evening, I watch a fabulous new Prime TV show, A VERY ROYAL SCANDAL, the story of Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein.  I am surprised that I found the series so compelling.

No comments: