Thursday, September 12, 2024

 

Thursday, September 12, 2024

    Wednesdays are a special day for us. Our two favorite shows drop new episodes, BAD MONKEY and SLOW HORSES.  The animal shows.  If we were patient, we would wait to binge all of the episodes.

     My personal librarian is back from the East coast. She arrives with an armful of books.  At a friend’s recommendation I now have two young adult books to read at bedtime. SIMON SORT OF SAYS, by Erin Bow. Yes, they are calming at the end of the day. Yes, I am reverting back to my childhood.

     I am up early this morning.  The tall guy is taking me for my urology appointment, part of the cancer surveillance plan. It is surprising to me how anxious I feel as I wait for the procedure.  I wonder if there is a better way to do this.

     The former patient is improving but still is struggling with pain and discomfort. She walks and talks and drives her car and washes dishes.  She is becoming a fully functioning kind human again.

No comments: