Sunday, September 1, 2024

 

Sunday, September 1, 2024

     A new month again. Time moves so fast and so slow. I am not always sure where I am. The end of summer. Shorter days, less fog. Still in the late afternoon I sit outside, birds in the trees and bushes, bees, gnats, dogs barking and high in the sky birds gliding in circles.

     In the house, visitors pass through. The patient is getting stronger but still struggles with pain. She forgets that she is in recovery mode for short periods of time. Her giant soft recliner in the living room gives her shelter from the house activities.

     I escape to the library in the morning, returning and picking up books. The tall guy shows up and we sit in the library corner and talk. I miss my out of town personal librarian.

     In the evening, we are tired and eat leftovers and watch THE HIT MAN.  My second time. No one falls asleep during this clever funny movie. The photo guy shows up with pizza and gourmet stuff from the north.

No comments: