Saturday, August 31, 2024

 

Saturday, August 31, 2024

    I check out the dozen people in the lab waiting room. Today they are wearing new tennis shoes. The shoe prize goes to the young man wearing glowing orange shoes with his blue work uniform.  My battered shoes are the grungiest. Why the name “tennis shoes”, none of us old patients will ever play tennis again.

     In the treatment area there are 10 orchid plants sitting on the desk. Two are blooming. The technician lectures me on how to get a clean sterile urine sample.  As if I haven’t done this a hundred times. Maybe she thinks I need the lecture because of my shabby shoes.

     My refrigerator is now packed with plastic bags of left over restaurant food. I do not even know how to think and use this food.

     We finally finish the first season of DARK WINDS on Netflix. We plan to watch the second season. I am tired and go to my room in the early evening. Two delightful visitors are here.

No comments: