Thursday, August 29, 2024

 

Thursday, August 29, 2024

     What about the obituary project, the latest idea, based on, “I am tired of calling my friends to see if they are still alive.”  The library doesn’t know yet that I have this project for them. It is still at the stage of talking to friends.

     The former teenager arrives for a week visit. I have many questions about her life in Boston. The questions will have to wait until she is rested from her travel day.

     The patient is getting better and worse at the same time. It is always about pain control.  The surgery was major and recovery takes time. I didn’t know how difficult it is to be helpless in relieving her suffering. She is a kind person and smiles a lot. I am learning patience.

     I am reading Zoe Ferraris detective story set in Saudi Arabia, KINGDOM STRANGERS. I read it decades ago but it feels new to me. Or maybe I didn’t read it before.

No comments: