Tuesday, August 27, 2024

 

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

     In the dark of the night, I hear footsteps and whispers. Lights are turned on and off in other rooms. The East coast folks are getting ready for their 4 am ride to the airport. I am the back up plan if the uber driver doesn’t show. I drift back to sleep until dawn.   Fog has returned. The house is quiet.  The jigsaw puzzle has been started in the living room during the night.

     I tell all my stories at least three times. The curse of old age, repeating myself, forgetting who I have told what to. They are polite and listen again.

    Five days of warm afternoon sun. We sit outside and read and talk. We mostly find our own food. One evening my visiting daughter prepares a delicious pasta dish and we sit at the table and eat together.

     After many discussions without agreement, I pick out the TV shows. In the evening, we watch BAD MONKEY, DARK WINDS and at lunch, SPIRITED AWAY.  I go to bed early and they take control of the TV remote. We are a family of opinions. and diverse experiences.

No comments: