Monday, August 26, 2024

 

Monday, August 26, 2024

     I have such strong competent kids who are now middle aged, and entangled in their own complex lives. And it is exhilarating and exhausting. I am old. I live a quiet life in my large house by myself.  Now the house is busy and alive.

     The patient laughs a lot and then groans.  Laughter hurts her healing lungs. She is leaning to work with her pain meds. We watch another episode of BAD MONKEY.  Lots of laud laughs and then the groans. Today is medical appointments, Meals on wheels delivery and home health nurse visit.  No laughter here.

     The twenty year old grandson walks quietly and listens to us,  Or al least I think he is listening.  He may be off into his own world. He finds the bike in the basement is off on his own adventure.

     I am reading THE BRIDGE OF SIGHS by Olen Steinhauer, the beginning of a series of mystery stories based in Berlin at the end of World War Two. No laughter here.

No comments: