Friday, August 23, 2024

 

Friday, August 23, 2024

    Another long evening of the democratic convention, watching various talented speakers, music performances and huge crowds of people jumping up and down, waving signs and screaming. Such excitement. I identify with Kamala’s mother who is my age and raised her children alone in the 60’s and 70’s as I did. We were students at UC Berkeley at the same time. I know we had different lives but there were some touch stones in common.

     The pictures of my daughter in the hospital, a confirmation she is comfortable and healing.

     My East coast daughter and grandson arrive late last night for a short visit and to help out with my west coast daughter’s care. My grandson and I always have long intense conversations about life and writing.

     I started reading the novel MARTYR by Kaveh Akbar. Compelling and interesting. A new story of exploring if there is meaning in dying and death.

No comments: