Thursday, August 22, 2024

 

Thursday, August 22, 2024

    She texts Tuesday evening wanting some special over the counter medication. I thought, could I find a store in the middle of the night and sneak the medication into her ICU room. Of course I want to be the hero. I want to help her. Finally, I text back.  I remind her to push the red button by her bed to get help from the nurse. She does.

     Another slow day as I sit at home and wait for reports, pictures, words about my daughter in intensive care.  She finally moves out of ICU.  Pictures of her smiling and pictures of her looking uncomfortable.  Lots of issues with discomfort and pain. But she is getting better.  I can’t visit her in in the hospital.  I am still getting chemo therapy for my disease. I feel both sad and optimistic. Sometimes I just need to worry.

     I watch some updates from the democratic convention. Lots of warmth and shouting and dancing in the aisles. At some point I need to slow down and be quiet.

     The second nasturtium seedling has emerged from the soil. I water all the containers on the deck, ignoring the weeds and the voluntary plants fighting with the geraniums.

No comments: