Friday, August 2, 2024

 

Friday, August 2, 2024

     Time to find my face masks.  COVID is back in our community. I was so glad when masks disappeared.  Well, I admit I am vulnerable, so time to be careful again. I plan to wear a mask when I go for my chemo therapy on Monday.  Sigh. I was just getting used to seeing the faces of my medical team. Back to relating to hidden faces again.

     The tall man stops by for a short visit with me, and a bag of his favorite licorice.  Yep, licorice is an effective draw. And maybe I am too. We discover we both like reading detective  stores based in foreign countries.

     Sitting on outside in the late afternoon I am reading the really good book, CACTUS COUNTRY, I stop to listen and look around. The familiar pigeons fly by, sounds of airplanes accelerating in the distance, the throbbing of a hidden helicopter. And of course, the constant background roar of traffic in the distance.

     The Kamala Harris campaign is still exciting. The news reports I like are Ari Melber, THE BEAT on MSNBC, and the NEWSHOUR on PBS. I remind myself to stop following the minutia details of who said what.

No comments: