Monday, August 19, 2024

 

Monday, August 19, 2024  

     I am starved for conversation during car week.  Friends are reluctant to face the tangled traffic.  My neighbor Eric Palmer does come by to introduce himself.  He is running for the Monterey city council. He is willing to listen to my ideas for our community. I am hot for the idea of having an obituary program based at the Monterey Library.  I am tired of not knowing if my friends are dead or alive. I outline a complete plan.  He is kind enough to listen. He has my vote.

     My job today is to sit and wait to hear how the lung surgery goes for my daughter.  When it is over the surgeon will call me with a report.  The surgeon is a delightful young woman (who looks like a teenager). I am sad and giddy at the same time as I wait for the call.

     Facebook reports over a hundred private airplanes take off from the Monterey airport on Sunday. I see them from my deck, one every ten minutes or so. Thank you, car week enthusiasts.

     Started watching PALM ROYAL on apple plus.  Not for me. I don’t understand the humor or the plot. I am still reading Anthony Fauci’s book ON CALL. Brings back so many memories.  He is 6 months younger than me. He is definitely my peer in living through the last 84 years. He clarifies events I only partially understood.

No comments: