Thursday, August 15, 2024

 

Thursday, August 15, 2024

     For weeks we complain to each other and to our supervisors that the county car we use to make our social work home visits, has a putrefying smell.  We drive it with the windows down and still feel sick. Nothing changes. Finally, I report to the district office Manager about a suspected dead body in the trunk of the car and could he check it out. I am afraid to open the trunk. We walk downstairs to the parking lot. The staff are at the upstairs windows watching. He cringes at the disgusting smell.  He opens the trunk and finds abandoned dirty diapers. The car is immediately removed and cleaned. Yes, he is annoyed with me and asks why the dead body in the car. I just shake my head. I did get his attention.

     A night creature overturns my garbage bin and scatters the contents. Maybe racoons although I haven’t; seen any in our neighborhood for years.

     At meals times I watch the MSNBC news. I resist the temptation to watch news all day, or to keep on the NPR radio. I am already feeling better today.

     Just one more episode of THE GOOD GIRL’S GUIDE TO MURDER to go. The series shows high school kids realistically or at least how I think of them.

No comments: