Wednesday, August 14, 2024

 

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

     Week two in the four week chemo cycle is the worst.  I am tired and cranky and restless. By week four life is good. Now when I talk to family, I remind them, yep this is week two, so be patient with me. By week three I have a lot to apologize for. I am now in week two.

     I stand in front of the 3rd grade kids ready to tell them what social workers do.  Social workers find new solutions to problems.  Suppose you have a 400 pound man who can’t wipe his butt after pooping. The kids are listening. So the first plan is to find a person to wipe his butt every day until he loses 200 pounds.  I ask the kids, now is that a good plan? Is he just too fat?  I pause. The social worker says no, the problem is not being fat but his arms are too short. We can make his arms longer with a long handle brush and he can wipe his own butt.  The kids love the story but not the teacher. That is my first and last school career day talk.

     I am captivated with BANGKOK 8. It is fast moving and interesting look at Thailand in the 1990’s.

     The nasturtium seeds have not yet sprouted.  I check the pots each day. It has been years since I planted anything.

No comments: