Saturday, August 10, 2024

 

Saturday, August 10, 2024

     A single monarch butterfly flies through the front garden in the afternoon.  In the back yard, a black cat takes a nap several times this week.  It has been years since I have seen a free range cat outside.

     We pretend to be in hot Arizona attending the presidential rally.  But of course, we are sitting in our comfortable chairs watching the rally on youtube TV while 15,000 supporters are standing, sitting, shouting, and waving signs in the stadium. Great show. So much joy and excitement.

     The kind gardener brings me vigorous nasturtium seeds to plant. I ready with containers and potting soil. 

     Foggy morning again. I am back to wearing long underwear in the cold morning. I grew up in Monterey where the summers were cold. I resist turning on my heater. We were raised to be tough kids who wore jackets and sweaters in the summer. We do love those few hours when the sun comes out and warms us.

No comments: