Sunday, July 7, 2024

 

Sunday, July 7, 2024

    In the early morning, I order my biweekly Instacart groceries, then I clear out the refrigerator of food I haven’t or won’t eat.  I am getting less hesitant in throwing out almost good food instead of waiting for it to be really bad. The task is done by midmorning after the fog dissipates and the air is warming up.

     I spend more time reading the Shanghai detective story. I am caught between being in China and being in my home.  The plants are all watered, the bed is made and I soon will fix my lunch before it gets too hot.

    A suspicious black cat walks through my front garden.  First cat I have seen outside in years.  Decades ago, there were many cats and kids exploring and playing outside in the neighborhood.  But this changed. And now one cat is back.

     In the late afternoon when I am feeling gloomy, I start watching ROYAL PAINS on netflix. A disappointed doctor moves to the Hamptons with his annoying brother. Actually, a light weight show with many seasons. Several months ago a friend recommended it and I didn’t listen. But now it is OK for my foggy brain to enjoy.

No comments: