Monday, July 8, 2024

 

Monday, July 8, 2024

     In the shady morning the bees work on the long stem lavender flowers.  The tiny birds dig at the brown lavender seeds. Something for everyone. I am learning to not remove the brown stems before the birds have their fill.

     From the deck I watch the older neighbor get out of his car and walk into his garage. Tiny slow careful steps. I too, walk outside with tiny slow careful steps.

     Today is chemo day, number 9 in a series of chemo infusions this year.  I also had 18 immunotherapy infusions over the last two year.  I remind myself that it is normal to feel tired and cautious about these treatments. Are they effective, no one really knows. Or at least I don’t know. The doctors follow protocols that seem effective for a certain percentage of folks. I don’t know if I am one of the lucky ones.

     Started reading Maggie O’Farrell’s novel, THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US. This one is a keeper. Sunday, I push myself to do more exercises and surprise, I feel better.

No comments: