Saturday, July 6, 2024

 

Saturday, July 6, 2024

     After my nap on the couch, I sit on the deck in the shade.  Hot, silent, late afternoon. Occasional small breezes move through the trees.  But still hot.  Day three of the heat wave. What would it be like if it never ended.

     Each day I am surprised by the blue packaged New York Times paper outside.  I thought I had discontinued it but no, it is still coming. The termination was online with forms and check boxes. Time to rethink this.  I do love this early morning time of reading the crinkling paper. The feel and sounds of the paper are so familiar.

     I still have a few days before the next chemo infusion and the subsequent side effects, and this morning I feel great. A whole list of activities fills my mind.

     My personal Librarian had an emergency trip to the East coast. I still have books to read.  But really can’t I just go to the library myself and pick up the stack waiting for me. Maybe.

No comments: