Friday, July 5, 2024

 

Friday, July 5, 2024

     I bought a kitchen emergency fire blanket from Amazon and now it is hanging in the kitchen. I have always been afraid of house fires although I don’t feel a fire will happen, this emergency fire blanket is a comfort.

     Thursday morning before the heat rises, I wash dishes, put wet laundry in the drier and water the deck plants. 80 degrees is too hot for me. Most of the state is 20 degrees hotter. Supposedly a bank of fog is hanging on the coast.

     Outside on the deck I can hear the drum beat from the morning parade.  In the afternoon it is the distant sounds of crowds and bands from the park.  The tall man and the dog lover come to visit. We sit outside where it is a bit cooler. All day, lots of sirens, we are in fire season now.

     I am reading another good detective story about Shanghai, A CASE OF TWO CITIES by Qui Xiaolong.

No comments: