Thursday, July 4, 2024

 

 Thursday, July 4, 2024   

     It is a relief to be old. I am not so visible and thus not so concerned about what I wear. I have never been good about stylish clothes but now it doesn’t matter.  And yet this morning I worry about what to wear to meet the new doctor.  I want him to take me seriously.  I am bright and thoughtful but, do I convey that in my comfortable clothes. Another useless worry.

     I try two locked doors before I find the entrance to this old medical building.  Third try works. The building feels abandoned. Most offices are closed and locked.  Finally, I find the dermatologist office.  Staff is friendly, and the doctor is competent and kind. He removes a growth from my face and will be back to me next week with the pathology report.  What another pathology report? Sigh.

     My biggest achievement this year is keeping the flow of trash and garbage out the front door into the bins. Sometimes I do it and sometimes I have help.

     My old friend who drives an old restored truck, recommends the movie THE HIT MAN.  I am watching it now and it is wonderful.

No comments: