Saturday, July 27, 2024

 

Saturday, July 27, 2024   

     Opinions arise in my mind quickly. I can’t help it.  This is good, this is bad.  When I slow down, I see that the quick opinion is a way to avoid the painful feelings that arise.  Living is so much more complicated and nuanced.  This morning, I read about the new dismantling of homeless camps.  I have opinions and I understand it is very complicated and painful to watch the fight with the unhoused folks.. Wouldn’t it work to have safe and sanitary camping places for unhoused people. Shouldn’t we task the park service to run the camps.  They have camping management skills.

     Using google search I find a list of ten international detective novels. What a treasure. I love traveling through the world with local detectives.  I am set for the next year.  Today I start reading THE MISSING AMERICAN by Kwei Quartey set in Accra, Ghana. The 26 year old woman detective is quite compelling.

     My to do list is only partially done. I need to include easier tasks to the list. Yesterday I add fertilizer to the potted plants, after thinking about it for months.  Took about 15 minutes to complete.

     I listen to the charming gardener prepare for her lung surgery in three weeks. She is relentless in finding information and making appointments. I am both sad and hopeful for her. She is smart and kind.

No comments: