Monday, July 22, 2024

 

Monday, July 22, 2024

     The surprise did arrive. Biden is dropping out of the campaign. I am excited with Kamala Harris.  Suddenly political life is interesting and hopeful again.

    In the evening, I watch an episode of TRUE DETECTIVE and then an episode of FALLOUT. I still don’t understand FALLOUT even though I have read about it online. My daughter was the still photographer for the show and I feel loyal to her.  Being 84 years old is just too old to understand the plot. 

     GODS OF THE UPPER AIR by Charles King is still the main book I am slowly reading.  It is rich in ideas and details of the history of anthropology. I am inspired by this book to see life with an open mind.

     I continue to read the NYTimes obituaries, the ones written by reporters.  I am looking for some clues about how people die. Maybe how I am going to die. I miss having most local obituaries available. Sure, there are a scattering of paid obituaries in some papers. When I think of local folks, I wonder if they are dead or alive.  Sometimes I want to text a friend asking if they are still alive. When I was younger the robust local newspapers reported all deaths as significant.

No comments: