Saturday, July 20, 2024

 

Saturday, July 20, 2024

      In the late afternoon I sit in the shade of the bottle bush tree.  It is cooler outside. The house is very warm. I am protected from the street by large bushes but I can hear the activities of my neighbors.  Cars driving to their homes, voices, delivery vans, construction trucks. I realize how little we know each other.

     This has been a slow week for me, week number two of the four week chemo cycle. A bit tired, a bit slower but basically OK.  In September I will learn if the treatment is working.

      Finished reading THE RED MANDARIN DRESS, a shanghai detective book, one of twelve. Now back to more serious stuff.  The personal librarian is returning today from her East Coast trip. More library books are in my future.

     I really like the empty dinning room table. I am monitoring myself when I walk by holding a homeless object looking for a place to land. I have used it as a temporary triage spot that soon becomes overwhelmed with orphaned stuff.

No comments: