Thursday, July 18, 2024

 

Thursday, July 18, 2024

     I mostly stay at home but hear stories of traffic congestion on the peninsula. Visitors are escaping from the inland heat waves. I hear the distant sounds of car traffic from my deck. The heat has not arrived yet in our community.

     Late afternoon I look out the kitchen window at Mount Toro in the distance. It is pink with the late sun light and smoke in the air.

     We are in fire season now.  The biggest danger is dry lightening strikes. I have cleared the grasses and branches near my house. My experience with cancer is similar to watching the reports of forest fires. We work to contain the fires and the tumors, and they are sneaky, and break out unexpectedly.

     My current obsessive reading is the detective stories by Qiu Xiaolong. 12 volumes currently written.  I give a Xiaolong paperback book to the tall man for his vacation on the east coast. I don’t know if he will like it.

No comments: