Wednesday, July 17, 2024

 

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

     Having lived a quiet sheltered life for the last couple of years I am surprised and engaged in the dinner party my sister arranges last night. It takes two days for me to clear off the table, and my sister plans and cooks the meal. Six of us eat and talk and drink bottles of wine for several hours.  Voices become loud and challenging, and new stories of our childhoods arise.  I have forgotten about this part of living. Us old folks know about lively diner parties.

     I am awake most of the night as my thoughts refuse to settle down.

     The sun is out this morning.  The evening dishes are done and put away. My sister and brother are returning to their homes. My house is once again quiet.

     Time to turn on the classical music station and start reading my books again.

No comments: