Sunday, July 14, 2024

 

Sunday, July 14, 2024

     I am in and out of the living room as I do my morning chores. The living room radio is on with classical music from KDFC, 103.9 fm. The music cannot be heard in my bedroom where I am folding laundry. I am getting the house in order for the visit with my siblings.

     We are startled by the breaking news in the afternoon, of a shooting of Donald Trump.  My brother and sister are visiting.  We watch the tv reports. The same video footage of the shooting plays over and over again.  Trump is slightly injured with a bloody ear, his protective security team rescue him and take him to a hospital.

     Summer fog most of the day. I do clear the dining room table of clutter, first time in many months. The table clutter is similar to the kitchen drawer clutter, stuff I don’t know what to do with or where to store in the house but can’t get rid of.

     Two blue jays chase each other around the pine trees and the garden. My neighbor says the construction work on their house will be over soon.  He reports, it has been a nightmare for them this last year and a half.

No comments: