Saturday, July 13, 2024

 

Saturday, July 13, 2024

     I live in the day to day activities of eating, sleeping, talking to friends, watching tv series.  But I read both David Brooks and Ezra Klein essays in the Friday New York Times this morning, bigger cultural movements are happening.  The stories of Biden and Trump are the tip of the iceberg. There is no guarantee I am going to like or influence these outcomes.

     I am deep into reading GODS OF THE UPPER AIR by Charles Kind reflecting the issues 125 years ago. Huge conflicts over the shifts in both technology and understanding of the human life.

     The garden expert brings me a salad from Elroys for dinner last night. The salad is big enough for several meals.

     Started watching on apple+ PRESUMED INNOCENT, an eight episode story based on the book. I like it. I water the dry garden in the early evening and remember my mother watering her garden in the early evenings decades ago.

No comments: