Thursday, June 6, 2024

 

Thursday, June 6, 2024

     I spend most of my adolescence being angry and sullen with my mother. I want a better mother.  But now nighttime memories are returning about a different mother, a better mother.  How did I miss it for so long. I didn’t understand how unhappy my mother was with her marriage and divorce, and her inability to find a work career that matched her skills. Mid century common problems for women.

     As I was getting ready for bed the thought came to me that I am the caretaker for this body.  I know I am this body, I live in this body, but also, I need to take care of this body. Such a strange shift in my thinking. I had thought my body was taking care of me.

     Foggy morning, back to wearing my orange puffer jacket. Two warm sweet days and now the real summer is here. A friend came by to visit in the morning and we talk and talk.

     I am slowly reading D Allen’s book, THE WORLD CANNOT BE BROKEN. Thoughtful essays.  He is a long time friend and I had no idea of his writing skills.

No comments: