Wednesday, June 5, 2024

 

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

     I have a pink DNR notice on my refrigerator.  I remind my doctors of my DNR (do not resuscitate order) in their files.  However, I hesitated to remind the surgery staff of my DNR status.  Somehow, I couldn’t go that far with my five surgeries in the last three years.

     This is week four of the chemo cycle of monthly treatments.  And I feel good. Next week I start all over again and have to slowly grow strong again.

     I am now reading the 4th book in a detective series by Stephen Spotswood. MURDER CROSSED HER MIND. The characters have become like cousins to me.

     My Italian mom grew up in the Hispanic Catholic community in a small desert Arizona town.  She told me she didn’t think of herself as white, like the folks in the protestant community.  Later in life she volunteered at Natividad hospital translating for the Spanish speaking patients.

No comments: