Friday, June 7, 2024

 

Friday, June 7, 2024 

     We did it, me and my 2008 Honda Element.  The car passes the smog test and I pass the fear of leaving the house test. We didn’t hit anything, or have a flat tire or get into trouble.  Easy peasy.  Driving to the smog test site I saw Canadian Geese groups pecking at the grass in the park, a group of men standing around the slab waiting for a free lunch, and a young woman cross the 6 lane roadway looking at her cell phone rather than the cars and drivers.

     I start to seriously read WHY WE REMEMBER, Unlocking Memory’s Power to Hold on to What Matters by Charan Ranganath, Ph.D.  It is slow reading. Lots of new ways of looking at the brain and how memory works. Maybe I will understand why I can’t remember words frequently.

     I watch exercise videos on Facebook, thinking I will incorporate new movements in my usual daily routine. Sort of like watching cooking shows, entertaining but mostly useless in my life.

     Fog has settled in this morning.  Need to water the front yard after days of warm weather. I remember my mom going into her front garden after dinner to water her plants.

No comments: