Sunday, June 30, 2024

 

Sunday, June 30, 2024

     Sunny morning but it looks like we are going to sidestep the coming heat wave.  But I am ready just in case.  I have an air conditioner in one room that hasn’t been used for two years.  I am ready.

     Drove around town Saturday.  Crowds of people here for the gay pride parade. I shop at Elroys for fresh bread and salad.  Near my parking place, two men sit outside with their large rumbustious dog. I remind them to keep the dog close because I am afraid of dogs biting me. No, no, they say he doesn’t bite.  I don’t believe them.

      As a young girl in the 1940’s I rode in a convertible driven by my father for the Fourth of July Parade. I don’t know the back story of his participation. He was born in Monterey and active in the Irish business community. I remember the excitement of the slow drive in the parade and the people cheering.

     I start reading MOTHER-DAUGHTER MURDER NIGHT by Nina Simon.  A murder mystery set in Moss landing slough by a local writer.  Such a familiar setting.

No comments: