Friday, June 28, 2024

 

Friday, June 28, 2024

     To me, my body is skin, hair, finger and toe mails and body fluids.  Under the skin is a mystery. The body map now is including some inside parts. Now I have a sense of what my kidney and bladder look like. I know blood and body fluids. I suspect doctors know intimately the inside body parts. It is amazing that doctors and patients can ever talk to each other.

     I have to explain to friends why I watch THE RESIDENT, a long series about a medical training hospital.  The focus is on the difference between medicine doctors and surgeons. I am intrigued with the images of the surgeries and now have a better idea of the 5 surgeries I have had in the last three years.

     We watch the debate last night with dismay bordering on horror. And it was so awful that it fell into the realm of comedy. We couldn’t stop occasionally laughing at the spectacle.  Sigh. Maybe it is not just wild fires that I have to prepare for.

     One of the side effects of this monthly chemo treatment is brain fog.  Hard to stick to reading a good book.  Hard to figure out what the image actually is, a frog or a mountain.  Eventually my brain sees clearly. My brain is becoming more like my old slow computer.  Eventually it works, but being patient is helpful.

No comments: