Thursday, June 27, 2024

 

Thursday, June 27, 2024

     Several family members are visual artists. I struggle with knowing whether a photograph or a film is actually good. I don’t understand the rules of the art. Now I am learning to use liking something or not, as the criteria of its value.  Such a trap to be caught into another’s view of art.  I still get ensnared into another’s expertise and discount my own experience.

     My personal librarian brings another stack of books yesterday evening. Too many books and yet I had put a hold on these books. Books have been my lifeline during this illness but now maybe it is a bit much. Tonight on MSNBC we will watch the debate between Biden and Trump.

     My recycle bin is now damaged.  The construction workers and cement trucks continue this week. I am tired of looking out the window as they work at my neighbor home. Birds now peck at the cut grasses in the back yard.  Bees are in the flowers in the front garden. I am ready for a new interest.

     In the morning my home is cold but it is summer now and I don’t want to turn on the heater until the fall. This morning, I am in my orange puffer jacket while I am eating breakfast.

No comments: