Thursday, June 20, 2024

 

Thursday, June 20, 2024 

     Yes, it is my 84th birthday on this cold foggy morning.  Huge heat waves across the U.S.  But not here. Or at least not yet. Family members are meeting for lunch downtown to celebrate. Birthdays haven’t been important to me but I have agreed to celebrate with my family.

     I resist the expectation of a great time when celebrating. Maybe it will happen, maybe not.  I want to have a kind, lively conversation, a good desert and then a nap on my couch.

    I finish reading DEMON COPPERHEAD.  Very satisfying book reminding me that life is hard for everyone. And then unexpected happiness and contentment appear.

     I asked my skilled handyman to come by and do some maintenance work on my house.  I have a list. I am ready to get the yearly chores done.

No comments: