Friday, June 14, 2024

 

Friday, June 14, 2024

     I notice at times that I want more from medical people than is reasonable. I want to be significant to them as they are significant to me.  It is an unequal relationship, of course.  Their role is to help many people including me.  I am just one of the patients to be seen and treated. When I fall into these thoughts, I soon realize it is time to remember my significant connections with family and friends.

     Thursday evening, I am wearing my orange puffer jacket and with my legs wrapped in a blanket as I read more of DEMON COPPERFIELD. I remember summers as being cold, maybe several days heated up, but mostly foggy and cold. Going to visit my cousins in Arizona was shockingly hot. Families had swamp coolers in their houses.  At night the temperature was still too hot.

     A family member had a medical procedure at the hospital yesterday.  For the first time I was the support person rather than the patient.  It is quite different. It is so hard to know what is helpful. It is hard to not talk too much and to hover too much.  It is difficult to see someone in pain.

     We watch WE ARE LADY PARTS on peacock until it got too loud and busy.  But still, it is one of my favorite tv series.

No comments: