Monday, June 10, 2024

 

Monday, June 10, 2024

     I ask the young man if he votes.  He says no, and then thought for a while and says yes, he did vote one time, he wrote in a name on the ballot. He know his vote didn’t count because the man he voted for was murdered after the election.  No, he is not going to vote again. He says we have to get rid of all the old people, they are the problem.  Even me, I ask.  He doesn’t respond.

     Another great salmon dinner arrives from the Photo guy. Sunday night I watch an episode of ERIC, and an episode of THE RESIDENT. I am teary eyed with both stories.

     Today is treatment day. I am now scheduled for afternoon rather than early morning.  More time to be anxious. It is also garbage day and the bins need to be out to the curb for tomorrow’s pickup.

     I am reading MIDLIFE, A PHILOSOPHICAL GUIDE, by Kieran Setiya. Maybe it is a bit late to explore middle age when I am 83 years old. But I can remember the issues I had when I was in my 50’s.

No comments: