Sunday, June 9, 2024

 

Sunday, June 9, 2024

     Even though I am only getting chemo treatment monthly, it is the defining event every 4 weeks. It is on my mind daily even though I know it would be better for me to just forget about it and live my life.  It is the big shadow in my life now.

     My father had the Irish curse, drinking. It is hard for me to see his kind thoughtful nature and yet it is there. He supported us kids even though he and mom fought fiercely. He never judged us.  He seemed interested in what we were doing even when he didn’t live in our home. He supported us and paid for our education.  He was loyal to his sister.  But it was the drinking that blurred my view of him and kept me at a distance from him.

     For years I wondered why the computer weather report is often wrong. Now I know. My computer thinks I live in Salinas.

     A friend recommends the new Netflix show ERIC.  I see the first episode Saturday night and liked it.  Quirky, intense. I will continue watching it.

No comments: